Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Uncharted 4

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games View previous topic
View next topic
Uncharted 4
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Uncharted 4 Reply with quote
One for the console master race

Grabbed Uncharted 4 the other day (PS4). It's fairly standard fare as far as Uncharted goes. Very strong story, good varied gameplay. But aside from that, it is an absolute technical marvel. The attention to detail, in my opinion, is unparalleled with any game I've seen. Jaw-droppingly beautiful, all the way through. The scenery, interiors, lighting, shadows, the way the environment flows with natural elements. It's so close to being perfect. It makes Witcher 3 look like a PS3 game.

And I think they've just about almost cracked the 'canny-valley' facial expressions. The characters all look outstanding, and move their faces, talk and move around so well. In cutscenes (of which all are all within the gameplay), it even had me guessing if they'd used live action in parts.

Not many of you will play it, like, but had to mention it. As a 'look to the future' for gaming, this is a big step.

Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:44 am View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote

Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:38 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote

Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Playing the Uncharted Collection (remaster blah blah blah) as I never finished 3 (got bored)

Looks great, plays great, can't wait to clear it off the HDD for Unchartered 4...or more likely No Man's Sky

Played through Mirrors Edge Catalyst recently, much better than the first one (imo) but no replay value for me

Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Carter wrote:
Playing the Uncharted Collection (remaster blah blah blah) as I never finished 3 (got bored)

Looks great, plays great, can't wait to clear it off the HDD for Unchartered 4...or more likely No Man's Sky

Played through Mirrors Edge Catalyst recently, much better than the first one (imo) but no replay value for me

UC 1 and 2 are outstanding, but I'm with you on 3. Good game, but found it frustrating and fiddly to the point of not wanting to play it, and the story is a bit meh in comparison. Definitely pick 4 up though. One of the most immersive games I've ever played.

Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip

Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: