Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Steam Controller
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Technical Support View previous topic
View next topic
Steam Controller
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Is anyone using Steam link with a steam controller? May eventually be after a link for the living room, but as I only have PS4 controllers, they'll barely work wi it, if at all.

If anyone has used both together, is the Steam link any good in terms of lag/frame rate etc etc, and does it work well with the controller? And is the controller itself easy to get used to and use? I have a 100mbit connection, so the streaming itself won't be a problem.

Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:07 am View user's profile Send private message
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
apparently Steams own kit is pretty laggy, wait for a later model. unless you play Civ.

Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:38 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Aye, fair enough. It's usually the case with new kit/tech.

Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
I impulse bought a steam link last night, let's see how it goes.

Thu May 12, 2016 11:44 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
The controller is great, nearly as good as mouse and keyboard and much much better than an Xbox controller.

For livingtoom play it works well. Not sure how it would work on FPS games though. Cob 5 is nice as is other strategy games.

Mon May 16, 2016 5:18 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
BuggerLugs wrote:
I impulse bought a steam link last night, let's see how it goes.

Let me know how it runs. Had my eye on one for a while.

Tue May 17, 2016 7:20 am View user's profile Send private message
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
well, it's still not arrived yet.

Tue May 17, 2016 5:54 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
it's actually pretty good as long as you use a cable, I was surprised it didn't do Gb connection though as it is pretty standard these days. wireless you can get away with some games, I even did some GTA V on wireless, until you get any speed up then the screen freezes for a few seconds and of course the game has continued.

I'm wank with a controller so can't comment on FPS, but I found that in GTAV the tiny bit of lag is the difference between making that tiny gap between cars and clipping one on the way through.

it'll be great for arcade games with the kids, and worth the money against buying a console and those horrendous prices for games.

Sun May 29, 2016 7:39 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
i'm getting a bit of a set-up now. I ordered another steam controller as they were 29 and now I've just ordered a couple of electrical network plug thingies to remove the need for the cable.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:30 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Technical Support All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: