Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Battleborn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games View previous topic
View next topic
Battleborn
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
It's 40% off because their marketing people aren't stupid and they know most people will not buy both Overwatch and Battleborn.

They already made cash from the intial pre-release and full price launch so now they discount and try and grab a few fence sitters.

Not rocket science is it?

*Rocket science is actually easy, the Chinese have been doing it for thousands of years. Navigation and aerodynamics are the hard bits

Sat May 28, 2016 7:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
3.6k peak players today? Desperation is what it is m8. Hell even Planetside 2 has more!

I'm not hating on the game but it's only 3 weeks old and it's already 40% off on steam (how many big release games have done that as quick?....) 108k owners according to Steamspy but only 3.6k addicts!

I think a lot of peeps like me played the open beta for battleborn and that *other game and more peeps happened to prefer the *other game. I guess Battleborn was lucky it got a few weeks headstart!

It sadly reminds me of Titanfall which I thought was excellent but failed to sustain a decent playerbase and that sold around 300k copies.

Sat May 28, 2016 9:50 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
brune wrote:

I'm not hating on the game...

Constantly checking the user numbers of a game you don't play... of course you're not

Sat May 28, 2016 9:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I thought you were joking! Should have been cheaper from the start, I guess Gearbox had a small opportunity while the Overwatch beta had ended. But the game does look fun, some of the heroes look good, like the posh robot butler or the 4 armed assassin or the big gold robot with huge guns on its back. But I just don't like the games visual style, but I prefer the whole AI minions style of play like Paragon so Battleborn would have been more my style over Overwatch which is a different style of game anyways if I had to choose.

And Paragon > Battleborn.

Sun May 29, 2016 10:22 am View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
It's a console game, at the end of the day, Brune. Which will count for at least 70% of all players I'd have thought. The PS4/XBONE populations are healthy with short wait times across the board. You're barking up the wrong tree with those stats I think. But either way, It doesn't matter too much at this stage. All future updates will be free anyway so unlike Destiny, for instance, they don't rely on eeking more and more dough from the userbase every time so they can fund it. Because of this, the game can still grow and attract more and more users without pricing everybody out (ahem, like Destiny). New PVP game types, maps for story and PVP and new Battleborn are all on the way. This is the main issue the community has with the game in it's current state, and I'm in agreement tbh. I'm still playing it every day, though, and I absolutely love it to bits!

Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:29 am View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Yeah probably live on the consoles and die on the PC.

It has a season pass which instantly unlocks new heroes without having to grind a massive amount of hours for them. Also I think the DLC have new story ops - not sure if these will be available for free. So I guess that maybe some content will need you to open up ye olde wallet

Anyhoo, gotta dive outa the thread before Tenz cries "Troll!" :P

Loving OVERWATCH myself!

Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:54 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I was impressed you resisted the trollbait

Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
brune wrote:
Yeah probably live on the consoles and die on the PC.

It has a season pass which instantly unlocks new heroes without having to grind a massive amount of hours for them. Also I think the DLC have new story ops - not sure if these will be available for free. So I guess that maybe some content will need you to open up ye olde wallet

Anyhoo, gotta dive outa the thread before Tenz cries "Troll!" :P

Loving OVERWATCH myself!

I have the pass. All it does is give you 5 hero keys, to unlock any locked BB (new and old). The new BB will still be available to all for free, except you will need to jump through some hoops to get them. Take the new BB, Alani. 47,500 credits to unlock in game. It's a lot of credits but not difficult to obtain for anyone who puts a bit of time in. For me it's useful because I'll only log on for a couple of games a few times a week so lets me at least experience the new ones straight away. As for story missions, I think it will be a similar deal. They have said new missions will be free, so I assume the pass just removes unlock requirements and removes a bit of grinding, but I'm not sure.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:23 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Single Player + Small Multi Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: