Gloria Victis dark medieval MMORPG

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games View previous topic
View next topic
Gloria Victis dark medieval MMORPG
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Gloria Victis dark medieval MMORPG Reply with quote
This just caught my eye on Kickstarter ( I guess I have a bit of a medieval itch atm!)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1688404825/gloria-victis-dark-medieval-mmorpg?ref=live

These are some of the features they are striving for

Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:08 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Looks like a bit of alright Brune.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Here is my money - take it now please and hurry the fuck up developing this.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:22 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
So I backed this a long time ago after their crowd sourcing failed.

It is all the things a sandbox MMO should be, ie total freedom, twitch combat, deep crafting, PvP, etc. It was very rough around the edges to begin with but I have been watching it get better these past 2 years and whilst there is still work to be done (quite a lot actually!) the basics are in there and it is very playable.

It is like 10 pounds or dollars to get into Alpha. I think it is worth it if you are into freedom play. This would also be a good roleplaying game if you are into all that stuff.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:31 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Unfortunately I don't think this will ever get out of alpha/beta tbh.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:12 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
I was worried a few month back but there has been a flurry of development now and every week they are adding new things. It is green lit and early access. This will come out into the sunshine.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:59 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
The latest patch really makes the game much smoother and fluid. The combat is starting to feel great and the crafting is deep.

So far there is not base building but that will come I am told.

This is really looking good now. If you loved Roma Victor, Darkfall, Mortal Online, xyson, etch then this could very well be a good replacement.

They are hoping for a beta around year end.

10 dollars to get early access I think.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:04 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Some stunning pics of this game from a user on mmorpg.com using Unity Engine 5 and with a graphics overhaul, not sure how new they are, but damn, looks great!

http://www.mmorpg.com/galleries/Jogobogos

Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Check it out yourselves. It is on steam for a tiny amount of money. Very much worth it as this is shaping up to be the new indi sandbox in the vein of Darkfall, Mortal etc.

It plays very nice now but there is still some way to go till release late this year \ next year.

Combat is the most satisfying in an MMO but i have not tried Terra.

Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:00 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
The unity 5 screenies got my interest but I was reading that it has only 10 players on the NA server at prime time..how many on the EU server? Game population sounds like it is dead in the water, even for an alpha!

It was Greenlit Feb 2014 but does not yet appear to be available on Steam. afaik the game will eventually be f2p with a cash shop for cosmetic stuff.

Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:33 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
or you could stick your scamming sites up your arse sideways, you mong.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:12 am View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
brune wrote:
The unity 5 screenies got my interest but I was reading that it has only 10 players on the NA server at prime time..how many on the EU server? Game population sounds like it is dead in the water, even for an alpha!

It was Greenlit Feb 2014 but does not yet appear to be available on Steam. afaik the game will eventually be f2p with a cash shop for cosmetic stuff.

1. It is on steam but you still have to buy it from the website and then link the steam code.

2. 10 players on the NA server. Yes there is normally about this, mostly less. It is Alpha and not a lot to do other than test stuff. Why would there be anymore?

3. It would doubt it will ever be a f2p cash shop as the Devs are actually quite committed and not that sort of people.

I would not be so quick to dismiss.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:47 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
1. Only via their website. I am talking about an official unrolling so it shows in the store.

2. lol even for an Alpha 10 players at peak is pretty appalling tbh (only 10 die hard lovers of the game? not a good indicator) . Other alphas/early access mmo's have hundreds if not thousands playing. I would assume that currently the game is severely lacking in content etc, shame really.

3. It's in their FAQ....

Quote:
Gloria Victis will be totally free (free to play) with optional micropayments in the Item Shop. We do our best to make all the items available in the Item Shop affect only the comfort of playing, without interfering with gameplay balance. E.g. it will be possible to extend character and equipment customization options. It is important to note that most of the items will be available for acquisition during regular game as well, but it will require more time and effort.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:37 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
That means about the same method as PS2 which I would be more than comfortable with. Not pay to win.

The game is currently being transferred into Unity 5. The actual process only takes a few hours but the results take a lot of time to sort out and re-do. Look at what happened to Dust....

It will be worth it though, the game has always been a bit clunky and not smooth at all. Hopefully Unity 5 engine will help that a lot and also make it look like a modern day game.

I like it as it is the only spiritual successor left to games like Darkfall and Mortal Online and the great Roma Victor ( ). They were all badly done somehow. Darkfall was so close to being excellent but it did not account for the players attitude to having to have the best stats. It turned into walls of pain and everyone just doing things to increase stats. Also it was a clan vs clan with no room for small groups or individuals. Darkfall was really amazing at the beginning though, if I could buy out any game it would be that and then just hide away all the stats stuff so no one would know if they were increasing or not. That might work. Probably not.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:53 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: