Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games View previous topic
View next topic
Crowfall MMO
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Kryokill wrote:
Admittedly I've never been a PVPer either really, so just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Now your lack of grip on the game mechanics makes sense..... :P It will be far from moba, but yes it will be all about the killing of your online enemies (You know like that other PvP game...Planetside )

Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:31 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Yeah but that's a persistent world, which I much prefer. This is more stop start game sessions by the looks of it.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
It will be persistent characters I think 1-3 month campaigns will stop game worlds becoming stale myself.

In terms of gameplay, longsevity and variety, this sounds pretty good to me:

Quote:

Characters are persistent, but the Campaign Worlds are not. Players are Crows – Champions who travel from one world to the next, fighting an endless War of the Gods.

Each campaign world exists for a set duration – typically 1 to 3 months -- or until some "win condition" is met. During that time, the World will cycle through a single in-game year: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. Through the course of the Campaign, the Worlds grow more sinister and deadly as the land is consumed by the Hunger – an unstoppable legion of the undead.

There are two types of Worlds in the Crowfall Universe: the Campaign Worlds, which produce materials (stone, iron and wood) and the Eternal Kingdoms, which are barren of resources -- but last forever.

At the end of Winter, the Campaign ends. A victor is declared, the map is wiped and the World goes offline forever. The players – the Crows – then fly back to their Home Worlds, to either count their spoils or lick their wounds before they choose a new Campaign and fight again.

Everything Changes, and That Changes Everything.
The beginning of each Campaign is like the first round of "Civilization": players are dropped blind and naked into a harsh environment filled with deadly monsters, haunted ruins, abandoned quarries... and the most dangerous predator of all, other players. Craft weapons, scavenge armor, secure a stronghold, forge alliances and conquer the World.

Our Campaign Worlds are procedurally generated -- meaning that we use a technology library to automate the process of creating each World’s map. Mountains, forests, rivers, castle ruins, abandoned villages – each World is different, which means the game of territorial conquest will be different in every Campaign.

The worlds are also made of voxels (like Minecraft, only much smaller) – which means the entire world is destructible. We are harnessing VoxelFarm technology to generate an endless succession of unique and interesting Campaign Worlds for you to mine, shape, conquer and destroy.

If each Campaign is like a soccer match, the Eternal Kingdoms encompass the entire season! Unlike the Campaigns, these World are permanent -- and they are completely managed and owned by the players.

Players monarchs can divide up their domains into provinces, and grant those lands to other players as they see fit. Benevolent Monarch or iron-fisted Tyrant, what kind of Kingdom will you rule?

Your kingdom is your seat of power and base of operations. Kingdoms can be massive -- with mountains and rivers, monster camps and ancient ruins. But they are also devoid of resources: Stone, Metal and Wood. For these, you have to go off-world and brace the Campaigns of the Dying Worlds.

Since each Campaign World is unique (and time-limited) we can change the rules of the game from one to the next!

What rules? Things like…

- Which races can participate in this Campaign?
- What is this Campaign’s duration?
- How are the teams broken up? Is this a War of the Gods? Guild-versus-Guild? Free-for-All?
- What resources can be scavenged? How abundant are they?
- How harsh is the game of survival?What the rules for death and respawning? Do items decay on death? Can I loot other players?

Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:29 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kryokill
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Yeah. I dunno. Just doesn't really grab me. It's a nice idea and I like the fact it's a new concept, but I just prefer the traditional big persistent world thing. Plus, it says you will 'Craft weapons, scavenge armor, secure a stronghold etc', but in reality for me it'll be more like... 'respawn. respawn. respawn. respawn'

Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
That sounds amazing Brune. Finally some originality!!

Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:20 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: