Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
What is Star Citizen?

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Star Citizen / Elite View previous topic
View next topic
What is Star Citizen?
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post What is Star Citizen? Reply with quote
http://www.dealspwn.com/tag/star-citizen

^^ the above is a really good digest of everything known so far. It is a semi MMO with elements of Elite, Eve and Wing Commander. It uses the Cry 3 engine and looks stunning.

They are developing it in a modular fashion with the hanger module already out, next will be the multiplayer dog fighting, then planets, then the single player game and then finally the "MMO".

Feel free to post more info on this sticky as it becomes available.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:11 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
DodgeIt
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Location: Standing proud with KingA at my feet polishing my helmet.

Post Reply with quote
This looks interesting....

Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:53 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
It is a bit more than interesting Dodge. That is why I am going to get into this as much as possible for a game not yet released

Fight Club will have a presence in the game that is for sure.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:34 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Get in a 45 dollars!

That will get you into the alpha and have a hanger and be able to play the Arena Commander module plus everything else as it comes out.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14314-Star-Citizen-Anniversary-Sale

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:12 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
The scope and vision of the game has expanded since the kickstarter, if anyone wants a quick overview of the current scope of SC then look no further than the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbZLbb0_RBI

It shows what is available now = Arena Commander space ship shoot em up and race em up.
It shows what is coming out very soon = The FPS combat walking in space stations killing stuff in normal and none G.
It shows what is coming out long term = The persistent universe where you can walk around the star ports on planets, fly in space, trade, explore deserted space stations, board peoples ships and shoot the pilot and nick the ship...etc.

This is the game that I think will define gaming on the PC for a long time. It already has made a name for itself with the funding. I am closely watching all the videos that come out of Roberts Space Industry and learning a lot about the games industry in general from doing so.

The only way I see the game failing to live up to expectations is if the game is too instanced and moves too far away from the Eve model of everything on one server, whilst that is not possible with SC I just hope there are more players in an instance than Elite where you have upto 16, maybe 32 now. That put me right off Elite. I really want to see and interact with everyone that is in a particular space port and not have to lose immersion by going into another instance of it...

We shall see. So far Chris Roberts the lead guy seems to have a very clear goal and his ideas seem the polar opposite of traditional MMOs like WOW in terms of game mechanics. There is not even any levels in the this game! No exp. Excellent stuff.

Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:49 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Looking good!

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:11 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Star Citizen / Elite All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: