Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games View previous topic
View next topic
EVE Online - Project Legion
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post EVE Online - Project Legion Reply with quote
Hey guys,

Just to let you know I've been playing a bit of EVE Online again over the last two months, work has finally started to settle and EVE has been allowing me to play the game without needing to log in ever day (passive skill certs ftw).

The reason I thought I would let you guys know is that there has been some news of the next iteration of Dust 514 over the last few weeks. For those of you who don't know, Dust 514 is a free to play FPS game on the PlayStation 3 very similar to Planetside 2 but not really as good. CCP, the people who make the game, even admit it wasn't very good. Where it does excel, however, is how it ties into EVE Online as a universe. EVE's fiction revolves around EVE Online pilots called 'Capsuleers' and Dust 514 soldiers called 'Mercanaries'. They can both be in the same corperation and ISK (The currency of EVE) can be used to work together.

Corperations in EVE Online can hire the mercanaries to fight for resources, and this has some real cause and effect in the world of EVE because you will actually be fighting for something of value which has real meaning to a lot of people.

Dust 514 has been out for years and like I said, it kinda sucks, especially the horrid frame rate, and its only available for PlayStation 3. The interesting part is that CCP have announced that Project Legion is a PC only game. They've also mentioned that they will probably be allowing players to use their characters from Dust and import them into Project Legion. And thats why I wanted to talk to you guys about it now..

EVE Online and Dust 514 use Skill Points in order to improve your character. Skill points are what are accumilated over time and it works in real world time as passive accumulation.

An Example:
I am currently trying to get better rockets from my Tech II frigate. I want Tech II rockets. I can already use Tech I modules which have meta levels of 1-4. Tech II rockets have a meta level of 5.

In order for me to use Tech II rockets I need my rocket skills at level 5
Training time so far on my rockets...
Level 1: 30m
Level 2: 2h
Level 3: 1d 8h
Level 4: 3d 18h
Level 5: 8d 11h

As you can see in the example above to get level 5 takes quite a long time. Usually level 4 is where most people stop but in this instance level 5 is a must for the better equipment. Its not always like this but you get an idea.

The reason I'm alerting you to this is because in Dust 514 your SP accumulation is very similar. It builds passively. I just logged onto Dust 514 and I have 10 million SP because its been building passively for the last year when I made the account and tried it.

Daf plays EVE Online and from what he tells me he is a rich bitch, I've been doing well in it over the last couple of months too. I live in an area of space that basically all works together for the greater good but we are going to war very shortly and its going to get messy. The point is, every peice of help is fuel for the war machine.

I don't know what project legion will be like, it might suck big time, it might be the greatest game ever. If you are even remotely interested in givin it a try and you have a PS3 my advice is make a Dust 514 account and let it collect...erm...dust. That way if the game is good you will have a head start when it comes out over others.

Just wanted to let you guys know because it could be important in the future.

And just incase you wondered what EVE was like at its best...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdfFnTt2UT0

Last edited by Kirbs on Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
I've had a DUST account since launch and deleted the game a year or so ago so god knows how many points I'll have by now then o_0!

I know, when I last checked, that I had more points than skills to use them on (or could to buy and then upgrade etc)

But lets face it, it probably won't run well on this thing anyway

Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
All news on Project Legion has ceased since its announcement though Kirbs...they may have already canned it. Hope not though!

Tell me more about your corporation. Are they affiliated with any Empire? I am rather all out Minmatar and anti Amarr but that can be changed. Does you corp do faction wars? What area of space? What security level?

Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:52 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
We live out in null sec and operate under the NRDS (Not red don't shoot) policy in Providence. The main Alliance is CVA. We're just a little corp who has set up home deep in the heart of Providence in a little pocket but we join in with fleets reguley and tend to clash against Brave Newbies mostly and Pandemic Legion.

Any one can fly into providence and not get killed by any blues unless you are added to the KOS list for doing something silly. We are not affiliated with any empire but we are in an Alliance at the moment (probably wont be staying in it though as they are asking quite a lot of cash per month and our corp cant really afford that kind of bill, they are new sov holders)
Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Zero info on Project Legion still.....this could really break Eve out into the mainstream if they just did Dust on PC. Dust was actually a mighty fine game. I just can not be bothered settting up my PS3 with keyboard and mouse to play it! But I still get urges to pop in on that game.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:03 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: