Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Star Citizen FPS footage

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Star Citizen / Elite View previous topic
View next topic
Star Citizen FPS footage
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Star Citizen FPS footage Reply with quote
Well here is the dog rough footage atm, currently it looks shite but hey early days!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cir3w-wIx9U#t=457

Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:48 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Looks bloody amazing. You seen the zero gravity stuff?

Wow - that really is pretty amazing that they have done this in the same engine as the space part of the game. The footage actually shows the player on his own ship then walking off into the space station into a full on FPS shooter experience.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:22 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
I think your wearing blinkers m8!

I can understand a bit of Zero-G but they need to bolt down the FPS combat so it is great before getting involved in this (google Shattered Horizon - this game tried and failed unfortunately)

Not sure I like the hud and the actual gameplay looks awkward and crap atm.

Also the sounds need a LOT of work.

At the moment they get the benefit of the doubt but as a shooter it needs to develop a long way to be any good and a worthwhile addition to the space combat.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:40 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Brune it is very early stuff, there was glitches all over the place but...it looked amazing, the vision of it.

Also I was watching a slightly more forgiving cinematic version of it from the Australian live footage

Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:21 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
What vision? Zero-G deathmatch in a large room? :P

Like I say I hope they put the work in. If the FPS content is mediocre at best they are wasting their time and our money.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:22 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Z-gero might just be an option. I'm sure they'll have gravity based fighting too, would be insane not too. Thats the area they should be concentrating on first, not zero G.
Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
http://youtu.be/cir3w-wIx9U

That is the footage you should watch.

The zero G is only when someone turns off the gravity on the station, see 6.50 as the player goes and turns the gravity generator off. Look at the footage before this point. Look at how you start in your ship then acting as a group disembark and scout out the station.

The FPS is integral to the game as you are not tied to your ship, "you" the player are always in FPS mode you just change perspective when in the cockpit sat in the ship, that is point, that is the whole point of SC. You can get out your seat in the ship and explore your ship, go to piss, get out your ship in space and go zero G repairs, land on planets, land on station, go and piss in the station, etc - get my point.

So what they are showing is what the early shooting element of being in FPS mode is like.

All that being said - doesn't Chris Roberts look like a cock in that outfit on stage though

Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:13 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
ok that footage shows it off much better

Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:30 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Star Citizen / Elite All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: