Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[Star Citizen] PAX Footage

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Star Citizen / Elite View previous topic
View next topic
[Star Citizen] PAX Footage
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post [Star Citizen] PAX Footage Reply with quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TWQFSzQyeM&list=RD5TWQFSzQyeM

Have a look at that.

It shows how doing online things live is never a good idea and that Star Citizen really is going to blow the current crop of space games out of the water (minus Elite).

I got excited. I think you might get excited. Should you get excited then please join in talking the game up to the highest dimensions

Also register at :https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/FCB

Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:45 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
NimRast
BR (Barrel Rank) 2
BR (Barrel Rank) 2

Post Reply with quote
Imagine how Eve would be if it featured a dogfighting system like this one, and the possibility of getting out of your ship...

I think CCP abandoned that concept when they released Dust 514 and Eve Valkyrie... it's a shame.

Here's hoping Star Citizen turns up to be good, and forces CCP to react and innovate.
Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
I still have faith in No Man's Sky. Don't be so quick to write off the outsiders, eh chaps

Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
That video was amazing, some brilliant presentation already and it looks very atmospheric and detailed. But seriously, that crowd geeking out and screaming, I wonder how many feinted and got carried out on stretchers? That's why I could never go to these gaming events, all the OTT excitement and squealing over a computer game just makes me cringe. :o

Thu May 01, 2014 9:09 am View user's profile Send private message
NimRast
BR (Barrel Rank) 2
BR (Barrel Rank) 2

Post Reply with quote
mdk wrote:
That video was amazing, some brilliant presentation already and it looks very atmospheric and detailed. But seriously, that crowd geeking out and screaming, I wonder how many feinted and got carried out on stretchers? That's why I could never go to these gaming events, all the OTT excitement and squealing over a computer game just makes me cringe. :o

When I go to these events I come out thinking that I'm a normal person, I use them as therapy xD

There's not many of them where I live though
Thu May 01, 2014 11:16 am View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
NimRast wrote:
Imagine how Eve would be if it featured a dogfighting system like this one, and the possibility of getting out of your ship...

I think CCP abandoned that concept when they released Dust 514 and Eve Valkyrie... it's a shame.

Here's hoping Star Citizen turns up to be good, and forces CCP to react and innovate.

Nimrast. I gave up on CCP doing Eve 'live' so to speak with real combat like this. Dust nailed the coffin for Walking in Stations. Valkyrie nails any twitch flight in Eve.

I pray that SC will have as much depth as Eve but I doubt it will.

Thu May 01, 2014 5:19 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
NimRast wrote:
mdk wrote:
That's why I could never go to these gaming events, all the OTT excitement and squealing over a computer game just makes me cringe. :o

When I go to these events I come out thinking that I'm a normal person, I use them as therapy xD

There's not many of them where I live though

It's the Jeremy Kyle principle; watching those poor fuckers tells you things aint so bad for you after all

Game is looking good Freedom, they got any kind of release date for it yet?

Fri May 02, 2014 7:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
FordPrefect
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
mdk wrote:

They are hyped up all day, dolling out free Mountain dew and branded T-Shirts, minor celebrities etc, after all PAX is a consumer show. It was like that when I visited euro gamer at Earls court. Wouldn't surprise me if there folk are employed to woot, this video is a showcase its principle purpose is to feed the kick starters and attract new potential customers.

Still though it does look good even if im not into my space combat games.

With the advent of Lets Play and now the "ordinary guy/gal" of the street selling to you via social media, blogs and youtube. Even supposed testimony has to be treated with some cynicism. they might start out genuine but corporation X offers Y amount for you to be favorable on product Z. Some people simply do sell out and they are under no obligation to declare this to you their audience.

Tue May 06, 2014 10:23 am View user's profile Send private message
NimRast
BR (Barrel Rank) 2
BR (Barrel Rank) 2

Post Reply with quote
FordPrefect wrote:

With the advent of Lets Play and now the "ordinary guy/gal" of the street selling to you via social media, blogs and youtube. Even supposed testimony has to be treated with some cynicism. they might start out genuine but corporation X offers Y amount for you to be favorable on product Z. Some people simply do sell out and they are under no obligation to declare this to you their audience.

That's why when I'm looking for genuine opinions about a game I normally listen to proper gaming channels, like the guys in the Polaris network. Every Polaris channel must announce when a developer has paid them to play a certain game, or even if they received presents or a copy of the game for free. It's in their terms and conditions, and youtubers like TotalBiscuit have done it in the past which makes me trust them more than any other opinion on youtube.

Unfortunately, Polaris seems to be the exception here, with every other big network selling out and trying to lie to their viewers (like the Machinima guys).

Tue May 06, 2014 11:27 am View user's profile Send private message
FordPrefect
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
To be fair selling out for most isn't a simple ethical choice. You can coerce potentials sellouts by marginalising them, by offering the competition pre-release reviews and other underhand tactics to minimise the "truthsayer" impact in the general media. This ultimately chips away at bottom line of some poor sod or sods who only really wanted to profess their love of games.

The manipulation of game reviews and related media is so blatent, you either get inline or get pushed out. I think youtube unwittingly for a while opened a channel for genuine voices to reach people for a while but that hole will be plugged.

Why can we buy games that are yet to be released cheaper? Why is it on day 0 the game has higher retail price? We know its going to be good cause IGN or Kotaku pre-release review said it was.

This guy who tends to be spot on though hasn't reviewed it yet. He has to wait for release hmmm??? Well it looks good so I probably save me a tenner buy taking this risk. God forbid I have to pay 10 quid more on a game I know I am more likely to enjoy.

Wed May 07, 2014 9:36 am View user's profile Send private message
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
A majority of all this can be bypassed by simply waiting a week or two after release to buy/research a game. Its the logical choice these days when you factor in the amount of reviews you can witness by the average Joe who has actually played it. Plus it usually gives the developers a chance to patch up the game which seems to be getting buggier and buggier upon release, and if its an MMO it sorts out the server woes.

Last edited by Kirbs on Wed May 07, 2014 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Wed May 07, 2014 10:19 am View user's profile Send private message
FordPrefect
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Agreed, but that's covered to by reduced pre-order prices encouraging you to commit for fear of losing out i.e loss aversion.

Wed May 07, 2014 10:33 am View user's profile Send private message
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I used to think about DLC in a very different way. I think it was probably around the time that Elder Scrolls: Oblivion came out and there was some addons such as weapon pack or something, I honestly don't remember what exactly it was, and I purchased it and was using it in the game when I suddenly realized that, had I not purchased the addon, would I have still been playing this game with any less enjoyment?

I still did it through Planetside 2 when really I should have learn't my lesson the first time, buying weapons which killed more. I still would have had fun without the weapon and it was silly of me to pay more money for something like that. Now I won't be phased by pre-order bonuses which give me a unique Armour look etc.
Wed May 07, 2014 10:52 am View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Lugs and Ford

Would you mind making the space section so it is public.

Star Citizen / Elite is probably something we all will want to get into at some point.

It is nice to put updates for them in that section and I don't think all can access at the mo? I don't think Eve is ever going to float anyone's boat anymore since they dropped Project Legion and are seemingly in freefall doing no updates other than tweaks to the game since the last few years.

Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous really are worth FC going into thus the space section is still worth keeping up. "FC is Space" would be a nice title to give it.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:34 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Star Citizen / Elite All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: