View next topic
Life is Feudal (Sandbox MMO)
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Life is Feudal (Sandbox MMO) Reply with quote
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/631

http://lifeisfeudal.com/

A new sandbox MMORPG with full PVP loot, terraforming, mining etc is in the works by a small indie team. Looks good on paper, will keep an eye on it, but look how Darkfall turned out and that looked great on paper.

Fingers crossed anyways.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Looks very interesting, thanks for the link.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:15 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
OK so I have been playing this well testing this for quite a few months now. The tests were very few and far between so I can not give an indepth review yet.

On Steam Early release they have brought out LIF:Your Own which is a smaller version of what they plan for the MMORPG. Think of it like an Counter Strike server with 1-64 players. But within that game is the alpha of what the released MMO will be like.

To describe it by comparing it to other MMOs then: Minecraft, Darkfall, Roma Victor, Mortal Online, Roma victis, AcheAge - you get the idea. Sandbox with geographical landscaping.

This is a bit more polished graphics wise than most though at this early stage and it focuses purely on realism. A realistic medieval world.

It is actually made using the Torque engine... this put me off instantly as it was something that me and Ford messed around with 10 years ago and found it somewhat lacking. I have not seen a professional game made on that engine that I am aware of....but.....actually I am very impressed. The graphics and interface are actually really good.

So what can I say so far. Well the skill system is the same as Ultima Online with skill caps and with every action you do improving your skill and stats. It will not be like Darkfall though in that it has a skill cap so there will be no uber guys and no skilling walls like what destroyed Darkfall (for me at least). You can build anything, there is digging and tunnelling like in minecraft. Combat is handled like you aim and have to hit, there are directional attacks so there is skill in blocking the direction of the attacker.

There is nation warfare, guild warfare all planned. Mounted combat. Formations. Massive battles - all planned.

I will let you know when I get chance to play it more.

Brune - yes you would like it. Buy.

I created an open server called India Server if anyone wants to try it out with company. Something to do whilst the queues on ArcheAge continue and in fact actually get worse.....

Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:06 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Been watching some vids lately and the combat looks clunky and not very polished. But everything else looks top notch.

Cheers for an update Freedom, keep us updated! :d

Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Incase no one has seen this yet !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMzMLo0hQ_c

The crafting and building mechanics look brilliant, but that tacked on combat though...I'll probably get it if there's a good experience to be had with only 64 player servers...Building up a huge keep and not fending against many players seems kind of daft? Clearly will work much better as a MMO with hundreds.

Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:57 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » MMO Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: