Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[Elite: Dangerous] Goes in-depth on trading
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Star Citizen / Elite View previous topic
View next topic
[Elite: Dangerous] Goes in-depth on trading
FordPrefect
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
thats the best way having a FC server where we can just interact with each other good. Its stranger danger I don't like, so many fucking egotistical ass wads running round and god help you if you got in game VoN you have to listen to these deranged worm food.

Mon May 19, 2014 7:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
NimRast
BR (Barrel Rank) 2
BR (Barrel Rank) 2

Post Reply with quote
The game can be SP, MP or SP with effects from the MP world. It's kind of unique.

You can play with your friends only, and in your universe you could only see your friends, or you can choose to be able to encounter anyone anywhere in a style closer to an MMO.

Mon May 19, 2014 7:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
It is an MMO - Well the version I am playing is anyway

I think they are going to allow for multiplayer servers as well though like Star Citizen.

http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Elite:_Dangerous_FAQ

I would not have invested in this if it was not an MMO. The scale of the universe is simply massive. For that to be populated by bots would be a terrible waste. There are still bots in it but the game is designed to be an MMO. Although various websites have contradictory stories running on this.

Ford - anyone with an interest in physics and astronomy really would like this. It is totally designed for physics freaks If I come back to the UK in July I might be headed through Birmingham, I can show you it (elite that is ).

Wed May 21, 2014 2:18 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Please see the Dev diary for an idea about this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGf9OPot8Sc&feature=player_detailpage

Sat May 24, 2014 9:19 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
E3 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1EXvaTjBfI

Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:35 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NimRast
BR (Barrel Rank) 2
BR (Barrel Rank) 2

Post Reply with quote
This game couldn't come out in a better moment. Just when I finish my studies and will most likely have huge amounts of free time, enough income to support myself (and PC upgrades), and I'll be back in Spain so I can harrass my friends until they buy it too!

HYPE!

Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
I have been away for a few days and this was the game that I first thought of playing when I came back and it is very incomplete as it is.

The "flying" is just done so well.

Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:44 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
mdk
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Premium Beta now 100.

Heh.

Looks like a solid game though, like Freedom says, the flying is done really well.

Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
ugh, what ? on what planet must you live on to ask for 100 for a fucking beta. fuck me. really, fuck me.

Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:05 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
The same planet where Freedom paid 200 for Alpha! I suppose where a lot of us think 100 is a lot of money for some peeps it is peanuts for lucky old them.

Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:58 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Depends of the type of game though. For a single player game it seems rather a lot, I still won't buy any of the last few CoD games because I think asking 20 (50% off in Steam sale) is way too much for a 4 year old FPS.

MMOs are a bit different though, especially if you've spent a lot of time in the beta, like Warframe for me. Put it this way, Planetside 1 was 30(?) for the game then a monthly sub of 8 or thereabouts. If you played it a lot in beta, loved it, and the launch offer was the game + a year sub and some cool exclusive shit for 100, seems a good deal or not?

Planetary Annihilation buyers must feel a bit sore though that went from over 100 early access to about 15 in the sale recently

Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:26 am View user's profile Send private message
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Surely helping them make their game means you get money off, not costing more. What kind of backwards mirror universe do these developers come from?
Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:36 am View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Yes, founders programs typically give you a large amount of in-game currency which is worth more than the outlay. You'd have to have spent that amount in game anyway to benefit obviously

I was talking with Brune about this the other day after I backed a couple of boardgames kickstarters. With those you get the full version of the game plus all the extras for less than the final retail price. That's kind of the point. Its a point that has gone missing with a few recent PC game releases though.

Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:37 am View user's profile Send private message
NimRast
BR (Barrel Rank) 2
BR (Barrel Rank) 2

Post Reply with quote
They put that price so that only hardcore fans play the game (which would technically be the most helpful fanbase). They don't want a big alpha/beta testing group, they want a small and helpful one. That's what they have said. I'm not saying that I agree with them but that's the explanation.

Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:50 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Star Citizen / Elite All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: