Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Hallowed winds

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Mechwarrior Online View previous topic
View next topic
Hallowed winds

Close Forum?
Yes
81%
 81%  [ 9 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

FordPrefect
Administrator
Administrator

Post Hallowed winds Reply with quote
Blow through these quite halls that once told great tales of honor, comradery and courage.

Should we honor our fallen and forever close the doors to this sacred place, letting our fallen rest for eternity?
Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kade
BR (Barrel Rank) 1
BR (Barrel Rank) 1

Post Reply with quote
I don't think the name of this thread is anywhere near confusing enough at first sight.

Given the only thread active around here lately has been basically full of Tenz, Neo and myself saying how much we cba with even launching the game, its probably for the best.
Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
I thought you meant the whole Fight Club forum......

Not over my little stone willy.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:13 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Alas poor Mechwarrior... You held such promise, and many a STOMP night was held with great glee during the last stages of Closed Beta. Despite the pwnage of LRMs, despite the knockdowns and Dragon-bowling, you promised to be a King amongst games.

Then the Devs went to Open Beta, fucked it all up, and suddenly realised "Battletech nerds will pay silly money for this shit trololololololol" and made the game the sorry state of affairs it is today.

Goodbye old friend.
Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
I will always fondly remember us creeping up behind that fella camping the hill and all alpha-nuking his ass at point blank range :D

Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:01 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FordPrefect
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Lol Creeping 40-80 ton giant metal machines.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
brune wrote:
I will always fondly remember us creeping up behind that fella camping the hill and all alpha-nuking his ass at point blank range :D

That was probably the funniest thing I've done in a game in ages, so much fun :D
Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
Sokoprok

Post Reply with quote
Nooooooooooo!!!

My only connection to FC is this Mechwarrior forum. I spent money on unlocking blue and yellow paint to ride in the colours!

Although, I have been dropping again recently and while I've had a couple of good fights, this games still shite...
Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
Masacre
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Awww, Soko, you can always join our Steam Group unless you have already done so or add those you want to your Steam friends list. I'm sure you can find some other game/games to play with us. Also, you will still have access to the rest of the forums. Once a Fight Clubber, always a Fight Clubber you know!

brune and Neo: Yep, the laughter after we blasted that poor sod away in one hit to his core was mighty! Really wish we could do that again!
Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Neonin wrote:
brune wrote:

That was probably the funniest thing I've done in a game in ages, so much fun :D

Oh man, that was awesome; 3... 2.. 1.. BOOOOOM! And bits of white hot mech scattered before us

Close it. We can always re-open it if it comes good with the clan wars crap.

I'll just post the quarterly update.. er... non-update threads under the MMO forum. The old build threads are pretty much obsolete with the amount of weapon 'balancing' that has gone on.

So many fond memories, oh Dragon Bowling, why didst thou forsake us so? Ford and his twin-gauss cheese mech:

Ford "it is not cheese! It takes skill to aim and you have limited ammo!"
Brune "It's fucking gorgonzola mate, I can smell it from here and I'm on a different map!"

Tunnel arguments; get out there you fucking pansies!

Oh and "Dragons are crap, I don't know why anyone would play one of these!"

Who had that vicious little Cicada fucker that nothing could touch?

Ah fuck, so long Facial Extreme, you lived fast, you died young and most importantly you JIZZED IN THEIR FACES!

Soko; you're in now mate, there is no escape. Give us a shout on Steam and if there's nothing you fancy playing with us now, I'm sure another giant stompy robot game will be along in 10 or so years

STOMPY, STOMPY, STOMPY!

Last edited by Tenz on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
You'll have to start playing GW2 again Soko, you're already in the guild
Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
Sokoprok

Post Reply with quote
Ah, found the steam group (on the second page of 600-odd results) and joined.

Yes, we can all put our hope in to these turd-burglars crashing and burning in the not too distant future and a developer with a bit of sense picking it up and creating something worth playing in ten years time...

To the future!
Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
Sokoprok

Post Reply with quote
Neonin wrote:
You'll have to start playing GW2 again Soko, you're already in the guild

I get bored everytime I do, I just can't stick to it unfortunately. Last week I waited a couple of hours for it to patch and then logged in, ran about for 10 minutes and logged off. It may be the tiredeness of dealing with the kids that's also increasing my lethargy with games at the minute. Despite shouting, 'Move out you little shits!' they just keep hanging about...
Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Mechwarrior Online All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: