Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
freezes / lock-ups...

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Technical Support View previous topic
View next topic
freezes / lock-ups...
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post freezes / lock-ups... Reply with quote
Lately been getting these. System just freezes, then unfreezes a while later.

I've reset a few times (as I can be fairly impatient at times...) any ideas? Software? Hardware?

Recent installs have all been games off steam. Not made any hardware changes in a while.

Any driver issues known, NVIDIA etc???

At this stage it's just annoying...

Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
DjingDjang
BR (Barrel Rank) 1
BR (Barrel Rank) 1

Post Reply with quote
Have you started the taskmanager and looked at the process tab? (ctrl+alt+del)
Click CPU colum.....which process is consuming all the CPU?
Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:39 am View user's profile Send private message
Daf
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I had these problems to but they have elevated since I installed the alpha driver and the new
Razor free software that closes all programmes so everything then goes to ps

It's free but they do ask for a contribution, you don't have to but it will be a paid for item

If you have built your computer I heard that ps don't like no over clicking, I completely put mine to bog standard and it made a huge difference immediately, I still get crashes, we all do but it's so much better.

Another thing is to make sure all drivers and windows are upto date, the latest nvidea driver is beta and made me have massive slow down, taking to massacre he had the oppersite, with all ps it's all trial
And error but worth investing a hour or two into you mobo and making sure that too is up to date.

Best thing to so is make sure windows is up to date, win 8 has big problems and there is a link a out it on ps forum, there's something you have to add or
Take away for os2 to run right, sorry I don't have the link to hand

Best if luck fella

Follow me on SoundCloud here https://soundcloud.com/x-daf-x
Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:40 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kirbs
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I've heard that the Razer software has problems working with Planetside 2 because the program has features similar to third party cheating software. Apparently there have been people banned for using the software too.

Also, there isn't a program out there that doesn't benefit from overclocking as long as it is done correctly. I have a very minimal overclock but I get a much better result from it than if I didn't do it.
Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
Thanks chaps. It appears that my mouse is on the fritz anyone, able to recommend a new one?

This maybe the source of my freezes / lockups, or certainly maybe contributing to them

Ah fuck it while you're at it...keyboard too? I just want something that is reliable (and preferably child proof!)

RE: the advice...I spent two hours uninstalling (read as one hour!) shit I don't use, updating other things...daughter says only thing to go wrong today was the mouse, hence mouse query! But to be fair it has gone wrong for me a few times.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
I always go for Logitech mice, currently using a G9X, my next mouse would probably be a Shogun Bros Ballista MK-1 though. I also use a logitech G15 keyboard.

Shogun!
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-000-SG&groupid=702&catid=23&subcat=1257

Cheap gaming keyboard!
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-140-MS&groupid=702&catid=23&subcat=1258

Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:21 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Masacre
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Faithless wrote:
I've heard that the Razer software has problems working with Planetside 2 because the program has features similar to third party cheating software. Apparently there have been people banned for using the software too.

Also, there isn't a program out there that doesn't benefit from overclocking as long as it is done correctly. I have a very minimal overclock but I get a much better result from it than if I didn't do it.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/desync-issues-and-work-arounds.95695/

According to this massive de-syncing thread there might very well be issues with overclocking and de-syncing of the game. It's not for certain that it is the actual overclocking that does it, but people who have removed their overclocking have gotten less de-syncs. So I wouldn't be so quick to say that overclocking is beneficial to every program out there.
Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:10 am View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
Logitech mouse ftw. I have never had a Logitech mouse fail, they just get old first Using my old gaming mouse at work atm, has to be 6 years old at least and still better than the cheap Microsoft versions the company buys.

I got seduced by a Razer gaming mouse a couple of years back, it lasted 18 months then just stopped. Back to logitech and using a G500 at the moment. very nice, especially the dpi buttons so you can switch on the go. About 50 though!

I used to have a G15 keyboard, nice but expensive, found I never used the screen for anything. When it came off second best in an argument with an exploding bottle of orange lucozade, I replaced it with a G110. Same keyboard just without the screen and cheaper because of it.

Buttons are back-lit so nice if you play in dim lighting.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
OmegrAve
BR (Barrel Rank) 3
BR (Barrel Rank) 3

Post Reply with quote
If you're serious about your next mouse purchase: http://www.overclock.net/t/854100/gaming-sensor-list/800
If you're not willing to spend a few.....no, quite some hours researching what mouse with an excellent sensor fits your needs, go for whatever you think will make you happy. I highly recommend Logitech, CM Storm, Zowie, some Razers, Roccat (if you're not scared of maybe having to go for RMA because a piece fell off).

I have a CM Storm Spawn, which isn't being produced anymore. I bought a second one for when this one gives out. It's a badass mouse with an excellent sensor. It has a slightly high lift off distance with the firmware I use but I adapted. There was talk about it having a relatively slow click response (we're talking 2 digit milliseconds here), but that's a topic that not even in the Overclock.net thread you'll find a lot of info for comparisons about.

Also, was at the north sea coast with the wife for a week, and now editing some pictures and stuff. I'll be ripping up anuses in PS2 again tomorrow.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:41 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
OmegrAve
BR (Barrel Rank) 3
BR (Barrel Rank) 3

Post Reply with quote
Or is it anusii? Anii?

Oh, note that Logitech is absolutely fucking amazing when it comes to Warranty. I had an MX500 for 5 years, it broke....I opened a ticket, they send me an MX518, boom. My wife's G500 broke after about 1,5 years, I didn't have a product code anymore (it wore off), but found a digital Amazon receipt....they sent me a new G500S. That is an S version, which wasn't even fucking out yet. It was a pre-production model, and the final version had a different paint job. She has a fucking splendid, rather unique mouse now. It makes her hot, which makes me.........happy.

I'm a big, BIG Corsair fanboy too. I have multiple pieces of hardware off of them. Their RMA is absolutely splendid too. They've sent me multiple pieces without hassle. Their mice HAD rather poor sensors, even if they look fucking awesome. Not sure on the newer lineup, you'd have to research that.

Lastly, if you just want me to tell you what specific fucking mouse to get: get a Logitech G400 if you like that classic shape of theirs. It has a "perfect" sensor, no angle snapping, the works - and it won't break, or break the bank.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:45 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Daf
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I hate Logitech an all Logitech stuff, customer services are shyte and they wiggle out if handing over what should be rightfully yours!

I have a pair Logitech headphone I can sell you nearly
New if you want? G35

I would look a the the steel series keyboard first before any other board, I have used mine since PS1 days and still cannot fault it, it has on the left side dedicated board which works so well for ps2 take a look first m8

Mouse, Razor, I had 3 Logitech all broke cheap and cheerful you pay for what you get, razor is a dedicated mouse for gaming I have the naga has 12 buttons on the side and helps so much, I even have a razor mouse mat!

At the end if the day fella just look but deffo at the keyboard I said about, I don't like Logitech as they ripped me off, if anyone crosses me that's it I never talk to that person ever or company.

Best of luck off for a beer now :D

Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:15 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
brune
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
I have got to say, avoid Razer mice unless you are a lady or have small girly hands, they are not a patch on Logitech imo (sounds like Daf bought a cheap logitech, the gaming ones are faultless and comfortable).

Razer = Cramped and narrow, chinese footbinding for hands if you will!

Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:05 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
I had a Logitech MX518, which broke after a few years, so I replaced it with another, which after a few months developed an annoying harder click on the RMB. sacked it and got a Gigabyte M8000X which is pretty good. it has customisable options and macros and shit but it lacks a couple of buttons I might have used.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:44 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
*update*

Seems to be my nvidia drivers crashing

Found this thread which pretty much covers the problems I've been having... http://pcabusers.org/forums/showthread.php?p=335463

Gonna roll back to earlier driver version and see what happens

Last edited by Carter on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
Daf
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
@Brune my Logitech mice were
not cheap fella, as for razor, you can get attachments to fit over the mice to make it bigger for hands like mine, a bunch of bananas!

Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:03 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Technical Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: