Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
PadPhone

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Technical Support View previous topic
View next topic
PadPhone
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post PadPhone Reply with quote
Those wonderful guys in Asus in Taiwan have been developing the idea of the padphone for a while now.

The idea is that you get a tegra 3 processor mobile phone running the latest Android build - Ice Cream Sandwich. The phone slots into a tablet body and powers the tablet up. The tablet also has extra battery and memory etc.

Nice idea.

I always wanted modular computing design but it never took off. You know you start with your processor on your phone and build your system around it.

I do hope that the PadPhone also attaches the keyboard that the Transformer and Transformer Prime have, then it really would be modular build up what you need computing!

All we need now is for these devices to run Windows 8 rather than Android, although Android will do for now.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:53 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhIWEuYmt8s

youtube.com ľ Asus showed up at Mobile World Congress with the Padfone, its latest head-scratching device that lets you take a phone and turn it into a tablet and a...

Asus are turning into a major major player and their products speak for themselves, no need for apple marketing as they are just great products.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:28 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Alumion
BR (Barrel Rank) 3
BR (Barrel Rank) 3

Post Reply with quote
What are the advantages of this? Sounds more complicated and expensive
Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:03 am View user's profile Send private message
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
It certainly seems a much better solution than the multi-docking option for my Motorola Atrix.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
Alumion wrote:
What are the advantages of this? Sounds more complicated and expensive

Putting a phone in a dock is not what I would call complicated, the advantage of having everything in one device including small but important things like user dictionaries without the need to sync is a brilliant idea.

The cost if they go for similar pricing to the transformer is far cheaper than apple or Samsung.

If I did not have my current phone and tablet I would go for this. The phone alone sounds excellent.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:02 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
BuggerLugs
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
can you ring people on it ?

Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:28 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
BuggerLugs wrote:
can you ring people on it ?

Cheeky bastard it's a "smart phone" of course you can't make calls on it...you have to engage it in polite conversation first o_0!

Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
I actually saw this for the first time when I was in Singapore last week.

It really is amazing as it sounds. They even had a keyboard that docks onto it.

So you can go from phone to tablet, tablet to laptop in a few moves. Transformers in disguise. The actual phone and actual tablet is very nice specs as well.

Pointless for me though as I am waiting on the Asus Transformer Book - the windows 8 tablet to die for with an i7 inside

Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:11 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
FreedomShot
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-PadFone2-Phone-Station-Tablet/dp/B00BONZ192/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1365778179&sr=8-2&keywords=padfone+2+asus

There is the link DodgeIt. ú599 though! But i suppose you are get a tablet and a contract free top line phone so it works out quit good.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:53 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Carter
BR (Barrel Rank) 6
BR (Barrel Rank) 6

Post Reply with quote
If you hurry you can be the first to review it!

Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Technical Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: