Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Consumables

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Mechwarrior Online View previous topic
View next topic
Consumables
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Consumables Reply with quote
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/103677-consumables-back-to-the-drawing-board/page__pid__2019322#entry2019322

I like how they're matching F2P and MC purchases, enabling you to get the good stuff quicker with MC but the best option in the long run is to get the renewable one for CBills and GXP.

What concerns me is the whole idea. I can live with Coolant Flush, but does the game really need artillery and air strikes? I'm not convinced right now, but hey it might work out nicely. Have to wait and see.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
Masacre
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Ummm... The costs PER MATCH is 50.000 CBills for the highest level of coolant and 40.000 for strikes. You earn (unless they've changed it recently) about 100.000 CBills on a good win without any boosts. If you want to stay competitive you're going to need these things pretty much... Which means if you're a free player you'll have your CBill income cut in half (more actually, since you don't always win) and it's already pretty atrocious. I can say, without a doubt, that if this makes it in (and it most likely will) I will not be coming back. It's a shame, the game is really enjoyable (well, was I guess, thanks to the ECM crap).
Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:51 am View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
I was not happy with the original concept, and while the P2W aspect was rather small it's a matter of principle. It might have started small but then soon after we have WoTs rather disgraceful gold ammo shite kicking around

As for using them, I plan on giving them a damn good ignoring to initially until I see how effective they are. Might carry a couple only for use in real emergencies but most of the time it won't make a blind bit of difference to the outcome of the match.

If friendly fire is active then they will be a bloody liability sometimes. The smoke should give you enough of a warning to get out of the area too.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
Masacre
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Yeah, it's not a major pay 2 win issue... But it really screws over the free players. I'm not too worried about the strikes, it's the coolant that pisses me off. It's an I-win button for at least killing one enemy mech, maybe even 2 if used properly (unless the other guy also has it). This is douchebaggery, plain and simple.
Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Mechwarrior Online All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: