Fight Club Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
March 5th Patch and some observations

Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Mechwarrior Online View previous topic
View next topic
March 5th Patch and some observations
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post March 5th Patch and some observations Reply with quote
http://mwomercs.com/game/patch-notes

State rollback for lasers is nice. One match on River City we seemed to be legging lights for fun at one point. Can't wait for the ballistics to get the same treatment. It's only taken 4 months of live beta but finally you hit what you aim at. This could be a game changer.

However, in those 4 months I have probably been cockpitted 4 or 5 times, I was head-shotted 4 times last night alone I was in a Catapult though

New stats! Check em out, lots of good stuff in there; medium lasers 95% accurate. SRM 6 only 57%

Last night I got River City night 4 times, more than any other map I'm still blaming Soko for that though.

We played 10 matches, 4 Assault & 6 conquest. Our win loss on Assault was 3:1, on Conquest it was 1:1. Guess we won't be playing that shite any more

My humble founder's Cat has a W/L of 2.0 whereas the mighty K2 has one of 0.67. Information overload!!

Testing ground is good for reminding you how quickly you can kill anything that stands still.

Still massive amounts of team ECM imbalance making life hard if you are the ones lacking cover.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:15 am View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
91.4% accuracy with large lasers, only weapon I've used since they added the new stats. I thought it would be worse than that to be honest, I'm obviously better than I thought!

While there are still problems (ECM) I'm finding the game better balanced now than it has been since Open Beta started.
Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
FordPrefect
Administrator
Administrator

Post Reply with quote
I might have to wonder back at this point then.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
Tenz
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
The game isn't quite 'there' yet but they have made a lot of progress with the last few matches and I'm a lot more optimistic about where it's going than I was a month or so ago.

They still desperately need more mechs, more maps and some different game modes but they will come in time

Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
Masacre
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
While a lot of those changes are nice, I will just chime in with the fact that I am not pleased with that the only Cicada that has missile slots is pay only. This makes it the first time in the game that a mech that is clearly better than the other types is MC only. While the Cicada might not be a big deal since it's a pretty unpopular mech, I don't like where the direction is heading...
Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
The Wang is the only Cent you can fit an AC20 on, but it's still pretty crap...
Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
Masacre
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Yes, but the others have ballistic points, even if they can't fit the biggest ballistic weapon.
Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neonin
BR (Barrel Rank) 5
BR (Barrel Rank) 5

Post Reply with quote
True, but if you look at the loadout for the thing it already has an XL engine AND Endo-steel, meaning if you want to do better than the 2 x SRM2 it currently packs (and even Streaks weigh more) you're going to have to sacrifice something nasty, like speed or armour. Personally I think you'd be better off in a Jenner :P

Plus there's only two tubes, meaning if you do shoehorn an SRM6 in there it's going to fire in three rounds, making it even more likely you'll miss.
Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
Masacre
BR (Barrel Rank) 4
BR (Barrel Rank) 4

Post Reply with quote
Maybe, but I don't know. Even two SRM2 feels better than 2 MLAS. Keep in mind this is a pretty gimpy mech in general. What I'm worried about is if they keep it up and do the same thing to a mech that has a heck of a lot more going for it.
Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:29 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Fight Club Forum Index » Mechwarrior Online All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: